Apex Magazine is having a subscription drive — subscribe now!
Here’s more from Lesley Conner:
Each month we release a new issue of Apex Magazine stuffed full with original fiction, poetry, nonfiction, reprints, and more! Most of the content can be read for FREE on the Apex Magazine website, but producing an amazing publication month after month that features both seasoned pros and new writers costs money.
We want to offer our content on our website – and will continue to do – so that everyone can experience the soul of Ursula Vernon’s “Pocosin”, the haunting beauty of Damien Angelica Walter’s “Not My Monkeys, Not My Circus: The Elephant’s Tale”, the devastation of Rachel Swirsky’s “If You Were a Dinosaur, My Love”, and the heart-pumping action of Rich Larson’s “Going Endo” but subscriptions and individual issue sales pay our authors and artists.
That’s why for the next two weeks (November 2nd through November 13th), we’re hosting a subscription drive to boost the number of subscribers to Apex Magazine. 2016 is quickly approaching and we want to make it another outstanding year! Reaching our subscription drive goals will help ensure this happens!
Our goal for the 2015 Apex Magazine Subscription Drive is $5,000.
Completely doable, but not without the support of our readers and fans. To help us reach this goal, we have set up rewards which will make the January 2016 issue of Apex Magazine off-the-charts fabulous!
The current ToC for Issue 80 includes brand new stories from Ursula Vernon, Lettie Prell, and Jennifer Hyke, poetry by Samson Stormcrow Hayes, Zebulon Huset, Anton Rose, and Greg Leunig, and a nonfiction article by Lucy A. Snyder. The cover art is by Matt Davis.
As we reach goals in our subscription drive we will add to the following to the ToC:
- $500 – A 5th piece of original poetry
- $1,000 – A new short story by Chikodili Emelumadu!
- $2,000 – Interview with Chikodili Emelumadu
- $2,500 – A 6th piece of original poetry
- $3,000 – Interview with Ursula Vernon
- $4,000 – A second reprint exclusive to the Apex Magazine eBook/subscriber edition
- $5,000 – A new novelette by Ursula Vernon, set in the same universe as her Nebula award winning story “Jackalope Wives”!
- $6,500 – Stretch Goal! We will open to short fiction submissions on December 1, 2015, rather than January 1, 2016.
Wow! That is a lot and it is all amazing! Help us publish the most epic issue of Apex Magazine to date and make 2016 the best year yet!